Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where I'm From


I am from the small speck outside a big town, from Legos and Micro Machines.

I am from the third house on the right, the Christmas house.

I am from the rhododendron and lily, the pad on the surface of the water.

I am from big family gatherings and too much food, from John, grandpa Bill, and Glenna – strong, faithful, and God fearing.

I am from the late, lazy, yet trust worthy and caring.

From a family where “You don’t have to be crazy to be in, but it sure helps” and "Trust in the Lord our God" is our motto.

I am from a family that teaches the Bible and believes in prayer – longing to be reunited with my loved ones and know I will never see some of them again.

I'm from the small inner city, the town of Italian Heritage, from cannolis, fritis, and lasagna.

From the grandfather who taught me how to put my trust in Jesus Christ when I was a young man, the father whose death was incredibly hard to bear and still is to this day, and the wisdom of a grandmother who always had the right words at the appropriate time.

I am from the shelves that never needs dusted, a place that has a purpose, a priceless treasure that can easily be replaced, but would rather not have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment